Connect with us


37-yr-old Nigerian jailed in UK for luring 13-yr-old girl with lollipops



Osacpolor Jimoh

A 37-year-old Nigerian, Osacpolor Jimoh, has been sentenced to three years and nine months by a UK criminal court after he was found guilty of attempts to lure a 13-year-old girl into engaging in sexual activities using lollipops.

Court records released on Saturday revealed that the Nigerian was arrested at the Leeds train station after he visited the minor with condoms and lollipops found in his pockets.

According to the Yorkshire Evening Post, Jimoh travelled from Scotland to Leeds to meet with the minor at the train station and was arrested on October 24, 2022.

“Mr Jimoh booked an hotel following a five and half months of communication and planned to lure the minor into his bed,” the news media reported.

“He added the minor as a Facebook friend in May, 2022, and lied he was 19 years old while the minor claimed she was 13.

“He asked the girl who he thought was a minor whether she had a boyfriend. While chating on Facebook, he told her she was “beautiful” and wanted a “secret relationship” before they started communicating on WhatsApp.

“He immediately asked her about her sexual experience and then sent her pornographic videos of himself.

“He asked the minor to call him daddy and requested for explicit pictures of the girl telling her to “keep her man happy.”

“He reportedly became aggressive with her when she refused to send explicit photos of herself to him.

“After Mr Jimoh was caught by the police at the train station, he claimed that they had a“father-daughter” relationship.

“Mr Jimoh pleaded guilty to five count charges, including attempting to groom a minor, attempting to incite a minor to engage in sexual activity and watch pornographic content,” the report said.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Passenger gives birth on international flight



An Emirates flight from Tokyo Narita to Dubai International on January 19 touched down with an extra traveler on board, after a passenger gave birth in the air.

The new arrival made their appearance on the 12-hour overnight Flight EK 319, which landed on schedule despite the medical emergency, the airline confirmed to CNN.

The passenger and baby were assisted by Emirates cabin crew, who all receive medical response training so they can handle situations such as baby deliveries or heart attacks.

Emirates told CNN that the parent and infant “were in stable condition and, upon arrival in Dubai, were met by local medical staff. The health and safety of our crew and passengers is of paramount importance.”

Births on board planes are relatively rare. Emirates’ policy when it comes to pregnant travelers is similar to that of many other commercial airlines: Travelers can fly up to their seventh month of pregnancy unless they have any medical complications or concerns.

Passengers who are 29 weeks pregnant or more need to bring a medical certificate or a letter signed by their doctor or midwife, and no one is allowed to fly after the 32nd week of a multiple pregnancy or the 36th week of a single pregnancy.

Last May, a woman gave birth to a healthy baby boy in a lavatory on board a Frontier Airlines flight from Denver to Colorado, with assistance from a flight attendant. And in January 2022, a woman went into labor six hours into a flight between Accra, Ghana, and Washington Dulles International Airport. Her child was delivered safely on the floor of the cabin in the space provided by the emergency exits.

There can be silver linings to this medical emergency no parent plans for. In 2016, a baby boy was awarded a lifetime of free flights on Buraq Air after his mother gave birth while on board the airline. (CNN)

Continue Reading


Gunman goes wild, kills 7 in another US mass shooting



The arrest of the suspect in the Half Moon Bay shootings
A gunman killed seven people before being arrested in California on Monday, just two days after a shooting claimed 11 lives at a popular dance hall.

The latest attacks occurred at two separate locations in the coastal city of Half Moon Bay, about 30 miles (50 km) south of San Francisco.

The attacker was identified as 67-year-old Zhao Chunli, a local resident.

It comes as the state mourns the deaths in majority-Asian Monterey Park during celebrations for the Lunar New Year.

The suspect on Monday was filmed by news cameras turning himself in to the San Mateo County Sheriff’s Office about two hours after the attack.

The first four victims were discovered at a mushroom farm around 14:22 local time (00:22GMT), while the other three were later found at a nearby trucking business.

Investigators have not yet provided a motive for this attack.

San Mateo County Sheriff Christina Corpus said at a news conference that the suspect was arrested after driving himself to a local police station around 16:40.

He was found with a semi-automatic pistol that may have been used in the attack, and is currently “co-operating” with police, she added.

Mrs Corpus added that an eighth victim is being treated in hospital and is in critical condition.

“This kind of shooting is horrific,” she said. “It’s a tragedy we hear about far too often, but today it’s hit home here in San Mateo County.”

In a news conference, the sheriff also confirmed that witnesses include children who had recently been let out of school and lived on the rural property.

“For children to witness this is unspeakable,” she said.

Zhao Chunli, seen in an undated driver's licence photoIMAGE SOURCE,POLICE HANDOUT/ CBS
Zhao Chunli, seen in an undated driver’s licence photo

California Governor Gavin Newsom tweeted that he was “at the hospital meeting with victims of a mass shooting when I get pulled away to be briefed about another shooting.

“This time in Half Moon Bay. Tragedy upon tragedy.”

Half Moon Bay Council member Debbie Ruddock told NBC that the victims were Chinese farmworkers.

San Mateo County Board of Supervisors President Dave Pine told the Associated Press news agency that the attacks were committed by a “disgruntled worker”.

“We are sickened by today’s tragedy in Half Moon Bay,” Mr Pine said in a statement.

“The scourge of gun violence has sadly hit home. We have not even had time to grieve for those lost in the terrible shooting in Monterey Park. Gun violence must stop.” (BBC)

Continue Reading


Bloodbath as gunman opens fire in USA, kills 9, injures others



Nine people were killed and others hurt when a gunman opened fire in Monterey Park on Saturday night, according to a law enforcement sources and witnesses.

The shooting occurred at a dance studio on Garvey Avenue sometime after 10 p.m., according to several witnesses.

Seung Won Choi, who owns a seafood barbecue restaurant on Garvey Avenue across from where the shooting happened, said three people rushed into his restaurant and told him to lock the door.

They said there was a man with a semiautomatic gun in the area. The shooter, they said, had multiple rounds of ammunition on him, so that once his ammunition ran out he reloaded, Choi said.

Wong Wei, who lives nearby, said his friend had gone to the dance club that night with a few of her friends. His friend was in the bathroom when the shooting started.

When she came out, he said, she saw a gunman and three bodies — two women and one person who he said was the boss of the club, Wei said. He said his friend escaped to his home around 11 p.m.

The shooter was carrying a long gun and appeared to fire indiscriminately, his friends told him.

“They don’t know why, so they run,” he said.

The shooting occurred near the site of a Chinese Lunar New Year celebration. Tens of thousands had gathered Saturday for the start of a two-day festival, one of the largest Lunar New Year events in the region.

Earlier in the day, crowds were enjoying skewers and shopping for Chinese food and jewelry. Saturday’s New Year festival hours were scheduled from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.

John, 27, who declined to give his last name, lives near the shooting site. He got home around 10 p.m. and heard about 4 or 5 gunshots, he said. Then he heard police cruisers “smashing” down the street. He went downstairs at around 11:20 p.m. to see if the shooting occurred at the New Year festival.

“My first concern was I know they’re having a Lunar New Year celebration,” he said. But he said he saw that the festival had already been cleaned up for the day when he arrived. He went to the scene of the shooting and saw one person being put on a stretcher. Another person had a bandage on their arm.

Video on social media showed police and fire units swarming an area on Garvey Avenue and treating victims.

Injured people were taken to multiple hospitals in the area.

It was unclear if a suspect was in custody.

The violence left many in the area stunned.

Continue Reading